Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Season's Greetings

I broke down and ordered Christmas cards online from a well-known photo website last night. Gone are my hopes of a letterpress Christmas card, beautifully designed and sure to 'wow' every recipient on my list. (Doesn't the card above look like Trudy carrying a Charlie Brown Christmas tree? Available here on Etsy.) 

Oh well, tis the season of budgeting and penny-pinching (hence the choice for $0.54 photo cards). Earlier this holiday weekend, in my quest to find the most wonderful card of the year at a local paper shop, I came across some other hilarious options that I would never actually send out for fear of repercussions from my dad (no matter how many times I'd explain to him what a brilliant joke it was...).
  • "May the winter solstice bring all the secular happiness to you and yours."
  • "May your family be functional and may the batteries included."
  • "Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow" (Inside: Somewhere else, somewhere else, somewhere else)
  • "Peace on earth and joy to the people I like."
Hey readers, you're lucky I like you.

1 comment:

  1. haha, I liked the last one. SUPER cute card picture though...maybe next year.

    ReplyDelete