Saturday, September 25, 2010

Addiction #2

As I mentioned a few days ago, I am completely addicted to a blog called Design*Sponge. Lately I've been scouring ads on Craigslist for cheap pieces I can spruce up---the before and after posts on the blog are making me antsy to try one out myself. I picked up this bookshelf/hutch/cabinet last night at a negotiated price of $20. It's a nice sturdy piece but can definitely use a new coat of paint.

Does anyone have ideas for great colors? I'm thinking about painting the insides of the shelves too. It's going in our dining room against a white wall (landlord rules don't allow us to paint here---boo). The only color combination that is absolutely out of the question is green and yellow (I'd be walking into a big marital trap with that one...go Beavs tonight!), but those colors separate of each other would be okay. Please comment with any ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment