Wednesday, March 2, 2011

New Start

I would hardly classify myself as a runner, though I have been trying to amp up my running lately in preparation for the Monument Avenue 10k (exactly a month from today....eeek!). My goal for the upcoming race is to start small by running more of a 5k and alternate walking and jogging for the rest. 

Before moving to Richmond I wanted nothing to do with running -- probably something to do with the  obligatory mile for high school P.E. class.  But beautiful sunny days and the opportunity for a shared activity with Chris warmed me up to the idea of exploring our new neighborhood at a faster pace. I've had a trusty pair of Mizunos for the past three years, however, recent ankle problems prompted me to consider some new footwear. Thanks to the helpful folks at Road Runner, my pronation problems will hopefully be solved by my sweet new pair of Brooks Adrenaline GTC 11s. Combined with the amazing powers of the GPS watch I gave husby for Christmas, running might actually....turn into an enjoyable hobby? It's starting to look that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment