Thursday, October 21, 2010

Dress Up

Our Halloween deco from college...very bibbity-bobbity-boo, don't you think?

I don't think I've ever seen so much outdoor Halloween decor. Ever. On my run (read: walk/jog) the other day, I saw neon webs, warty pumpkins, electronically programmed blow-up spiders that glare in your direction when they sense movement, gravestones, orange lights, and detailed jack-o-lanterns that looked like they'd been carved with an exacto knife. This holiday is taken seriously around here.

Which brings up the subject of costumes. I've got something in mind, but I need a few more days to figure out details. Chris wants to go with last year's idea, which we also did the year before. That's one of the perks of spending three consecutive Octobers in three different states.

This time of year makes me want to track down a copy of Hocus Pocus. That movie was scary when I was a kid---it always seemed to take forever (max 96 minutes) for the sun to come up and the witches to go away. I also remember watching Double Double Toil and Trouble with my sister (1993 must have been a big year for kid-targeted Halloween movies). Though it seems that the Olsen twins are a bit scarier nowadays...

No comments:

Post a Comment