Friday, October 15, 2010

Chilly weather calls for...


Late afternoon phone call.
Me: It got pretty rainy and cold* today, so I'm making some of Kelsey's famous chili tonight.
Mom: You are?! I love Kelsey's famous chili...I made it earlier this week!

I'm simmering some in the crock pot right now and consulting Joy (of Cooking) for a cornbread recipe. As for the rest of the weekend, I'm hoping that after a day of college football tomorrow I can steal Chris away from the NFL on Sunday for a day trip to the beach.

*Relatively. I know all you Pacific Northwest people are shaking your heads in shame. Would it be cruel to mention that it's supposed to be 74 degrees at the beach this weekend?

2 comments:

  1. how am I not seeing this until now??? haha miss you!! if it's really time for chili, maybe I should put a little surprise in the mail for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love a little surprise! And I hope your chili stardom sweeps the nation.

    ReplyDelete