Thursday, January 5, 2012

The Nutcracker Ballet

Bum-ba-da-bum-bum
Bum-bum-bahh...
One of the festive activities over the holiday was going to the Keller Auditorium to see the Nutcracker Ballet with my mom and sister. My family used to go every year when I was young, and my siblings and I would put on shows from the various wintry scenes afterwards in our living room. OBT must have started doing a different version because I distinctly remember dancing around with wooden spoons from the kitchen....yet no chef to be found this year!

This show was especially fun to watch because Madeline, a sweet little gal I babysat after college, was dancing in the production. She fought off mice as a sentry in the first half and returned later from underneath the enormous skirt of Mother Ginger (the replacement for the enormous chef from my childhood I think!). She's in seventh grade now and practically as tall as Alyssa and me. My, my how time flies.

No comments:

Post a Comment