Friday, January 7, 2011

Cat in a Box


On the Richmond SPCA website there are these little color identifiers next to the pictures of each cat up for adoption. Each color explains the cat's personality, and when Chris and I discovered these we had a hard (and hilarious!) time figuring out what kind of cat Cat is. Truly she's a bit of everything, but if I had to pick two she'd be the Personal Assistant & Party Animal

I'm a personal assistant.
You're working on the computer? Let me press the keys. Reading the paper? I'll hold the pages down for you. Watching TV? I'll just plop in your lap so you can pet me. I love an orderly household, don't you? I'll help you with all your chores. You'll wonder how you ever managed without me.

I'm a party animal.
I'm a cat on a mission: PARTY! I love to play and explore and test my limits. I'd love to play with you, but I can make a toy out of anything*: pencils, post-it notes, potatoes. If you're looking for some laughs and someone to liven up the party, think about inviting me.

Even now she's helping me write this post---paws on the keyboard and eyes on the screen. But I'm sure as soon as she gets bored with this blogging routine she'll go out on the floor and do some graceful pirouettes (read: tail-chasing, around and around and around).

*I moved the couch the other day to sweep and found at least eight of my elastic hair bands underneath. Or should I say eight of Cat's favorite play things?

No comments:

Post a Comment