Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Busy Bee

Well, since I haven't been able stand still or wipe the huge smile off my face, I'll just come out with it. 
...


We're going to Europe this summer. For a MONTH. Eeeeeeeeee!!!


The job offer in Virginia has been officially accepted, and we'll be moving down to Richmond in late July. We decided that since there is a convenient gap of time between Cornell graduation and the start date of the Richmond job, we'd wipe out our frequent flyer miles, borrow a stack of Rick Steves' books from the library, and figure out how to see the sights of Europe on a post-grad school budget.


I was searching for budget friendly hotels with doubles--I figured it might not be as fun to share a bunk-bed with husby in a room with eight other people. When I went to Europe with my best pal from college three years ago, we stayed at this fantastic, artsy hostel in Rome called the Beehive. The owners of the Beehive--transplants from L.A.--now also operate a site called Cross-Pollinate. They list studio apartments, B&Bs, and guesthouses in major European cities. We just booked a lovely little guestroom in the heart of Rome through the site. I can't wait! 'Bee' sure to check it out. :)


I also wanted to show off the new Old Navy dress I got today on clearance--a whopping $6.49! (I couldn't help myself--I also got it in navy blue.) They're definitely making the cut for the travel wardrobe.


Au revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment