Monday, April 26, 2010

Schwinny Schwinn Schwinn

Craigslist find of the decade! On a random peek through the bicycle section of the Ithaca Craigslist, I found a posting for a vintage Schwinn. (I swear, post anything with the word 'vintage' in the title and my heart is already in love!) So I mosey on down on the gloomy, rainy Sunday that yesterday was, and locked my gaze on the vintage red cruiser that needed to be in my life.


After some research online, I'm able to make a pretty good assumption that this is an early 1960s model of the Schwinn Tiger. I worried about taking it to a bike shop to assess any extra costs related to my purchase, but the tires turned out to be just dandy--a little extra air was all they needed! (Bike shop lady judgment averted, for now.) I doubt I'll be taking it out on the Ithaca hills--it's only a one speed after all--but it should be just perfect riding around Richmond (the terrain feature of Google Maps shows the streets of Richmond as flat flat flat).


Betty, my other lovable cruiser, is being housed in Portland right now because she didn't quite fit in the packed trailer we brought out here. I'm sure Betty won't mind having an older sister from the 60s....


And now I introduce to you...the slightly rust-spotted, still-needs-to-be-cleaned-up, but ever-so-lovely...Trudy.










No comments:

Post a Comment