Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Yes Virginia, there is Santa Claus (and a TJ's too!)

I think today was the first time I've heard that phrase (pictured left). I was watching 'Management' with Jennifer Aniston and Steve Zahn (courtesy of my local RedBox) and in an effort to oh-so-coolly woo Jen, Steve blurts out, "Maryland is for lovers, right?" Jen gives him a look and says, "No, Virginia is for lovers. Maryland is for crabs."


All this to say, Virginia may be behind door number one in the game show of our future. Even though I've never visited (recently), it does have the following items in the PRO column on my imaginary yellow legal pad: Trader Joe's, REI, Anthropologie, a job for husby (I should bump this up to the top of the list), darling apartments in quaint houses (okay, this really tops the list), a manageable drive to areas of interest, and an annual average snowfall of 12 inches.


Cons? It's no West Coast. 
Two weeks until decision day...

No comments:

Post a Comment