Sunday, August 19, 2012

Table Project: Part Two

The legs arrived last weekend! I was so excited that I immediately started wiping off the grease and took them outside to spray with a clear finish to help prevent the steel from oxidizing. 
Chris and I had a small miscommunication about the correct screws to buy, so we had to make two trips to Home Depot and drill pilot holes before securing the legs to the table. (For the 3/4" wood and 1/8" metal lip from the legs, we got #10 x 5/8" pan head screws, in case you were wondering.)
I did the first three coats using a rag to wipe the stain on which I initially liked, but I kept getting a blotchy sheen.
The fourth coat I switched to a brush and the finish is a nice, consistent satin.
Right now we have an eclectic mix of chairs, but I'd love to save up to get these Tolix reproductions as seen in Sweet Fine Day or these World Market ones.

Table project completed!


  1. That is the sweetest table I have ever seen. You're awesome!!

  2. Great job and I am sure very rewarding. You are becoming quite the little DIYer!