Monday, August 6, 2012

Paint Project

I've been a busy little bee with a number of fun projects lately. The local thrift store Class and Trash posts new items every Thursday night on Craigslist and you can call in to pay over the phone before Friday thrifters get it first. I called up to get this cute yellow cabinet, thinking I'd use it as a nightstand for our guest bedroom. 
When I went to pick it up over the weekend it was a lot larger (and in need of more TLC) than I had anticipated. So I headed to Ace to pick up some paint stripper - I'd been itching to use it since this project - and got to work.

I used Citristrip, a paint stripper recommended here by a Design*Sponge post. It works well WHEN you wait patiently for the paint to bubble up and peel off. I just have a hard time with patience  when it comes to DIY projects. I had to do a second coat.
I wanted to get really strip happy and do the whole thing, but I was too impatient and just coated the rest with Kilz 2 primer. If the weather cools down and the storms stop passing through I'll be able to add the finishing top coat. Full reveal with bright new color coming soon! Also coming soon: building a dining room table.

1 comment:

  1. I love all your DIY projects- very professional. Your bowls are incredible and so uniform! I am getting a lot of use out of my berry colander. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete