Friday, December 18, 2009

Cold, cold, cold


It is freezing--okay, let's be truthful here--BELOW freezing in Ithaca. I woke up this morning to find my weather.com widget on my dashboard tell me that it was zero degrees out. So bundled in my ear muffs, red festive scarf, down coat, fleece lined mittens, and Keen boots, I set out to make peppermint mochas and gingerbread lattes for the world at large at 5:15 in the morning.



Fast forward to evening: with the cranberry apple bake in the oven and the inches of snow outside, it feels very Christmasy in Ithaca. But this season won't be complete until we spend a few days in New York City before heading back to Portland for Christmas. The following things are on my holiday-must-do-list:

1. Make and eat lots of sugar cookies (mostly the dough)
2. Watch 'Christmas Eve on Sesame Street' with my dad and sister--a yearly tradition
3. Give all of the pretty wicked sweet homemade gifts that are wrapped and packed in the carry-on
4. Watch as many more Christmas movies as I can (viewed: Home Alone, Holiday Inn, Love Actually, Elf; yet to view: White Christmas, A Muppet Family Christmas, The Santa Clause, It's a Wonderful Life, Miracle on 34th Street, and Charlie Brown Christmas).

Well, dessert is done. Now if only I could get my hands on some Tillamook vanilla bean ice cream to top it off...

"I'mmm dreaming of an Oregoniannnnn Christmas....."



No comments:

Post a Comment