Saturday, March 27, 2010

Ithaca is...

...boring. And cold. It is a small town full of college students and lawyers (lawyers, lawyers, everywhere!) surrounded by even smaller villages. Today I finished work early, looking forward to the next two days of sleeping in and not working at all. It was a sunny day--but chilly--and I just felt like bundling up and going exploring in a part of the city that I haven't seen. But I've seen Ithaca. I wanted to scope out a big city...one with districts and good Mexican food and quirky little shops.


We ended up going to the movies. And I fell in love with 3D dragon named Toothless.


I digress. Here's a break-up letter I've been drafting. I think I'll get the nerve to send it in a few months.


Dear Ithaca,

You've been great. We've had some fun times, but you've really been quite cold to me lately. I think it's time I move on. It's not me, actually, it's you. And I hate for this to get personal, but size does matter. I need something bigger. I hope we can still be friends.

Bye.

P.S. Don't think you can win my heart back completely with the advent of spring. It won't work. Well, maybe just a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment